The Above MS™ program from Biogen is here for patients with tips, tools, and information for their relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS)—and more.
Benefits of the Above MS™ program
There are many benefits to joining the Above MS program. As members, your patients will get extra help from those who understand relapsing MS, including:
- Specially tailored information from people like them who are living with relapsing MS, but are also experts in areas such as financial planning, cooking, exercise, and many others
- One-on-one relapsing MS support over the phone
- A community of peers
- Information about PLEGRIDY treatment and support services
- Access to Nurse Educators
- Insurance and financial assistance support (if they’re eligible)
The Above MS program can be a great resource for your patients. However, your patients should always come to you with any questions related to their relapsing MS and their treatment.
As your patients continue on a relapsing MS therapy as prescribed by you, they may need extra support. For patients taking a Biogen relapsing MS treatment, our Support Coordinators can help them understand and access the resources they may need along their journey with relapsing MS.
The Support Coordinators from Biogen offer a broad range of services:
- General relapsing MS information
- One-on-one relapsing MS support over the phone
- Tips to support living with relapsing MS
- Additional injection training information
- Insurance Benefit Investigation and researching financial assistance options
- Recommendations for free educational events in their area that allow your patients to learn from experts and other people living with relapsing MS
- Follow-up calls as necessary
To talk to one of our Support Coordinators, patients can call 1-800-456-2255. They can be reached Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 8 PM ET.
The Above MS™ program from Biogen provides additional training for people taking an injectable Biogen treatment. This may include a Nurse Educator visiting your patient’s home (if needed). Nurse Educators are also available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, regardless of which Biogen relapsing MS treatment your patient is taking.
Whether your patients are just starting therapy or have been on therapy for a while, Nurse Educators are there to provide additional support with injection technique for patients and their care partners and to respond to questions they may have. Along with you, Nurse Educators can offer ongoing support throughout therapy.
Nurse Educators can be a great resource for your patients. However, your patients should always come to you with any questions related to their relapsing MS and their treatment.
Nurse Educators are available throughout the United States, as needed, to:
- Provide additional injection and product education through one-to-one guidance—at no cost to your patients
- Train your patients on the administration process and provide information on common side effects
- Provide training in your patients’ homes or at another agreed-upon location
- Follow-up with you about your patients’ injection experiences
- Follow-up with your patients through future visits and calls to help further support them with proper injection technique
- Provide additional support regarding your patients’ questions about relapsing MS, common symptoms, and side effects through phone counseling 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Patients can call 1-800-456-2255 to connect with a Nurse Educator, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
About Nurse Educators
Biogen wants patients to feel confident that the additional educational support they may choose to receive is from nurses who are knowledgeable and highly educated in multiple sclerosis (MS). Nurse Educators are all registered nurses, and many are MS-certified or working toward their MS certification. A Nurse Educator can provide your patients and their care partners with additional education on how to administer their injectable relapsing MS therapy. They can also share information on the services and support available to them.
These nurses are available day or night. They are familiar with the challenges your patients may be facing with relapsing MS, as well as how to support them throughout their journey.
People living with relapsing MS are not alone with support from the Peer Community from Biogen.
Relapsing MS may change the way your patients manage their lives, but it doesn’t have to change their outlook on life. Patients can search our Peer Community and find someone who knows what it’s like to live with relapsing MS. Call 1-800-456-2255.
INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SUPPORT
For your patients who qualify, insurance and financial assistance support is available for their relapsing MS treatment. The Above MS™ program from Biogen gives patients access to Support Coordinators who can help them understand their insurance coverage and try to identify the best financial assistance solution for them. Our goal is that no one has to forgo treatment based solely on financial limitations.
Insurance and financial assistance services include:
- Benefit Investigation to clarify your patients’ coverage options
- $0 Copay Program with no income requirements and no enrollment time limit for eligible patients.* Patients can call 1-800-456-2255 to see if they’re eligible
- Insurance counseling to help patients understand their coverage, along with help navigating changes due to the healthcare reform law
- Support finding assistance through charitable organizations
- Free Drug Program for eligible patients in need
To learn more about the insurance and financial assistance services offered, patients can call one of our Support Coordinators at 1-800-456-2255 Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 8 PM ET.
*Depending on patients’ income or, in some cases, if their medication is obtained from an out-of-network provider, there may be an annual cap that limits the amount of assistance that they can receive over one year. Federal and state laws and other factors may prevent or otherwise restrict eligibility. People covered by Medicare, Medicaid, the VA/DoD, or any other federal plans are not eligible to enroll.
$0 COPAY PROGRAM
With the $0 Copay Program* from Biogen, your patients pay $0 a month for their relapsing MS medication if eligible.
The $0 Copay Program has:
- No income requirements*—eligible patients can enroll in the $0 Copay Program regardless of income
- No time limit—your patients can re-enroll every year for as long as they’re taking the medication
- No waiting—your patients’ specialty pharmacies can enroll them immediately into the program so they can get their relapsing MS medication right away
- Eligible patients can enroll in the $0 Copay Program for as long as they are treated with a Biogen relapsing MS medication
- Federal and state laws may prevent eligibility. People covered by Medicare, Medicaid, the VA/DoD, or any other federal plans are not eligible to enroll. In addition, some insurance providers may prevent eligibility or restrict eligibility to people with demonstrated financial need. If your patients are not eligible or not sure of their eligibility, they should call 1-800-456-2255. There are charitable programs and even a free drug program sponsored by Biogen that may be able to help your patients with the cost
- Depending on your patients’ income or, in some cases, if their medication is obtained from an out-of-network provider, there may be an annual cap that limits the amount of assistance that your patients can receive during a year
PLEGRIDY® is available and preferred on many of the country's top insurance providers for your patients with relapsing MS with no step-therapy restrictions. It is therefore available for treatment-naive patients, as well as patients converting from another product.
If your patients have any questions or want to learn more, they can call 1-800-456-2255 Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 8 PM ET, or visit AboveMS.com.